Old January 16th 19, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Seeking Borgelt B40 vario

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:27:15 -0800, Gary Wayland wrote:

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 10:41:53 AM UTC-5,
wrote:
I have agreed a purchase. Thanks. John Galloway

That's great, John. Give us a report on the vario after installation. I
like that Vario as much as my old organ grinder, Ilec, SB-8...

I've been flying with a B.40 as backup to my SDI C4 for the last 12
years. Its been totally reliable and has a nice fast, and very smooth,
response. I would hate to be without it.

I normally fly with both C4 and B.40 running, but with the B.40 sound
off. However, if I'm ridge-running I have its sound turned up (for both
climb and sink) and turn the C4's sound off.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org