Old April 21st 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Goodbye to Garmin's Weather Monopoly

Jay Honeck wrote:
Do we KNOW that the AvMap is going to be all-in-one?

Most likely not, since XM weather is an add-on feature to the Avmap.
I'm certain that an external receiver/antenna is required just like
the XM addon to anywhere map.

Presuming that AvMap combines the external receiver & antenna into one
unit, this seems to differ little from the 496's hockey-puck antenna.

I think that is a huge presumption. It could and might very well be a
hockey-puck and a box in addition to the AvMap unit.