Old March 7th 14, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LX Nav LX8080 Question

Renny, when will you be at the airport again? I'd like to take a look at
your Ram installation.

"Renny" wrote in message
On Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:07:34 AM UTC-7, Terry Edmonds wrote:
The LX8080 fits directly into an 80 mm instrument hole but has a small
screen. Does anyone out there have one of these units and can give an
opinion as to if the screen size is adequate or not? The trend is going
towards larger screens but being able to install a navigation system in
limited space is a big plus.

Terry Edmonds

Terry - One option to possibly consider, when dealing with limited panel
space, is going with the LX9000 on a RAM mount. I installed one over the
winter and it worked out very well and you get the bigger screen. There are
photos on the Cumulus Soaring website. Thx - Renny