Old September 7th 18, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Too many accidents

It's clearly not, as Eric says, just about knowledge. Sparky Imeson wrote the book on Mountain Flying, and yet died doing that. Of course terrain and weather are only part of it, but play a big part of many accidents and are at least a contributing factor in most.

Always remember Mother Nature can always dish out more than we or our little aircraft can handle. Safe mountain flying is knowing where and when she might do that and staying clear.