Old February 7th 20, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Florida WX

Up north it rains cats and dogs, but down there it rains iguanas.

On 2/7/20 2:00 AM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
December is by record our dry month with an average rainfall of 2 inches followed by January and February as our dry season. Far from the average rainfall it has been an extremely unusual wet winter. In December alone we had 5 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. The ground is soaked and the soaring has been dismal for the past three months.
Yesterday I spoke with a weather expert from NOAA and was given the grim news that things are not looking good for an immediate change. Caribbean and Gulf weather continues to influence Florida, not good for soaring, bringing much unwanted moisture with it.
Hopefully things will change and start to dry out fast or the spring season will not be as desirable compared to past years. Only good thing about this weather is that I do not have to water my mango grove. Bob