Old August 29th 20, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

On 8/28/2020 6:43 PM, 2G wrote:
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 4:06:57 PM UTC-7, BobW wrote:
On 8/28/2020 3:55 PM, 2G wrote:
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 6:37:52 AM UTC-7,
wrote:

Snip...
Rhetorical comment: "Geez, Tom. Short on chill pills? Do you *enjoy*
coming across as obtuse?"

Hopefully this ends well...though - I infer - with each day it seems
less likely. Infer? Just me, I guess...

cf: "...the crash he was certainly involved in." Certainly?

Seems to me, the situation is serious enough without indulging in
"terminal public speculation." Best wishes for Mr. Johnston, his family,
and friends.

Bob W.

Gee Bob, so you THINK the guy landed uneventfully and DIDN'T crash? Maybe
YOU need a chill pill. His last reported position by his InReach was at
14,000 ft with NO subsequent fixes. In other words, device was damaged
beyond use. Sounds like a crash to me.

Keep digging that hole, Tom. Nowhere did I state what I think may or may not
have happened. I'll simply note here - my last post on this unfortunate topic
- you're doing well at justifying your initial speculation by now bringing in
subsequent info (apparently) unknown at the time of that initial post (to you,
so I infer, or you would have mentioned it, not leaving it to another poster
to do so). I'm reminded of my school bus driving days when reasoning with
unruly kids.

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com