Old October 12th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Default TFR announced over New York City

Owen wrote:
TFR over Manhattan!

As a result of a general aviation airplane crash into a tall building on
the East Side of Manhattan, New York County, FAA has issued a TFR
effective for a one nautical mile radius around 6N5 (East 34th St
Heliport) extending to 1,500 ft above the surface.

It is effective until further notice.

I'm actually somewhat ok with that. It's really no different than a
restricted area over a disaster sight. Keeps the idiots away. Why this
is more news than any other small airplane crash is beyond me, though.

As long as it doesn't become permanent (DC, anyone?)