Old January 14th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

Default Airpark lot, things to consider before buying?

wrote in message
oups.com...
However there are a few things burning a hole in the back of my mind
preventing the checkbook from flowing forth. City state and federal
ordinances for one. What constitutes legitimacy for an airpark? I've
heard some horror stories about litigation between the state and
private airstrips. I'm awfully concerned that 5 lots is not enough to
make a good show and Bubba's courthouse-and-saloon.

I'm thinking I need to hire a paralegal to look up any applicable laws
and precedent before buying. I also was thinking of knocking on some
neighbors doors and get an idea what the community thinks about it. I
will of course wear my hip-waders and a cow bell lest I get shot for
rustlin'.

The covenants are absolutely critical. The airstrip must be dedicated so
that A) Someone can't sell it after all of the "airstrip" lots are sold, and B)
Some landowner can't (for example) throw up a fence across it. (I have seen
and/or heard of both of these things happening)

* Who pays for maintenance?
*Who gets sued when (for example) someone lands, hits a pothole and crashes?
*As already mentioned, a check of local land-use restrictions is in order to be
sure that the airstrip is compliant.

Vaughn