Old May 31st 09, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_5_]

Default Concorde Barrel Roll

"Dr.Smith" wrote in message

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
Bill & Ange said the following on 09/05/2009 23:14:
AMC has been running the 'Airport' series lately.
Airport '79 was at the very least a chance to see the Concorde in house
markings. It was a laugh to see it do barrel rolls and loops...

In reality Concorde had done a barrel roll in tests as was mentioned in
an old tv series called Reaching For The Skies. Shame it wasn't filmed
but I think that a 747 in tests which also did a barrel roll was filmed.

Interesting note: The Concorde (F-BTSC) used in the film was the same
aircraft that crashed.

If anyone is interested, there is a video on YouTube with one of the pilots
talking about barrel rolling a Concorde. I'm a Concorde nut and thought I
knew as much as is possible without actually being a pilot, engineer,
designer, or mechanic who was directly involved with the aircraft. When I
saw the movie, I also laughed at the barrel roll scene. It seemed pure
Hollywood/preposterous. Imagine my surprise when I learned that it had
actually been done in a test flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQS3qAIjAo

ENJOY!

Nick