Old November 8th 18, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default "Do It Yourself" airborne proximity warning device

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 7:48:03 PM UTC-7, Ed A wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 2:35:04 AM UTC-6, Linar Yusupov wrote:
Will this device work with iGlide on IOS?

AirConnect compatible Wi-Fi connection service is active in the firmware's source code since October 9th.
Known to work good with SkyDemon, Air Nav Pro.
You could let us know if it works with iGlide too.

Hello Linar,

We experimented with our new Prime Mk II device last weekend. It was a non-flying day here in Colorado, so we ground tested it against a PowerFLARM in a parked Ventus. We successfully paired the device (using Wi-Fi) with XCSoar running on a Samsung Tab A tablet. Then, we tested it by walking up and down the taxiway and were pleased to see that our "glider" was clearly displayed on the Ventus FLARM display and the Ventus was displayed on our tablet. Mission accomplished, so far. Next step will be to set up an OGN receiver and do some flight testing.

It's quite amazing that a DIY product that goes together in five minutes and costs about $50 can provide this kind of capability. (One of our members made the enclosure on his 3D printer.) Thank you Linar!

Note: I was hoping to try it with iGlide on the iPhone X, but was not successful. I installed AirConnect on the iPhone but couldn't get them to link.. I've never used AirConnect before and may not be configuring it correctly.. Is there a secret to this? I would appreciate any helpful suggestions from anyone who has had success with iGlide. Mike, Mark ... any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed A

Ed,

I will send Mark an email asking him to contact you, I do not think he usually monitors this site. I use Android/XCSoar, so can,t help you with IGlide..

Mike