Old April 24th 19, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default Going back into flying the glider way

Welcome to the soaring world! Where will you be flying? When it comes time to start thinking about getting your own ship, wyu'll find no shortage of opinions here on RAS.

Heads-up on getting the glider add-on to your dormant aircraft rating. As I understand it, you will run into some issues if you don't have a current flight review when you take your flight exam. It's a reverse loophole (adds restrictions, rather than adds relief), if you ask me, and is an unnecessary burden for someone who doesn't want to continue flying powered aircraft.

Perhaps one of our DPEs on RAS has the latest ruling and can clarify what to do. I've read all kinds of workarounds, but don't know the details on which is currently acceptable.

Paul A.
Jupiter, FL