Old December 7th 20, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default DIY wire monopole antennas for PowerFlarm?

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:11:17 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I have a carbon fuselage, and am considering experimenting with a monopole antenna on each side of the canopy. What I am hoping for is the thinnest wire that will work, taped to the inner canopy wall with clear tape on each side. Hopefully this would provide diversity without FOV obstruction. Can any RF engineer out there suggest length of wire, minimum dia. of wire, etc.. that might work? Advice on avoiding nodal interference patterns welcome as well.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

The first question is what range are you presently getting with your present antennas?

Richard
www.craggyaero.com