Old January 22nd 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

C J Campbell wrote:
One problem is just remembering when you went to the doctor to see if that
mole had grown any three years ago. Filling out those medical forms implies
that you have either a perfect memory or that you keep far better medical
records than the average Joe.

Then there's guys like me who work in a hospital and see doctors every day. I
haven't been in a doctor's office in well over a year. I usually get my minor
ailments treated as a courtesy by the docs I'm friendly with. No bill / no
record. Fortunately, there have been no major problems in quite a while.

That said, you are playing with your own life and with the lives of others if
you are not medically fit to fly.

No question about that. Now can somebody who's recently gone for a flight
physical tell me: do they ask for any changes since the last flight physical or
are you expected to regurgitate your entire history every time you go in. Mine
is quite extensive and I'm not sure I can remember all of it at this point.
I've had numerous I&Ds, skin grafts, orthopedic procedures and redoes in the
past. Please tell me I'm not going to have to tell them all that crap all over
again. OTOH, just asking for changes in the last couple of years is fair
enough... especially since there's been none.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com