Old April 29th 05, 03:54 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , OtisWinslow wrote:
I'm just dumbfounded that someone would make that flight. What
a sad deal.

(Note I'm pointing this at the generic 'you', not you in particular)

But it happens. No one goes out knowing they'll have an accident - even
conscientious pilots have losses of judgement. *Never* think 'That could
never happen to me' - once you do, you stop thinking about it until you
realised you hadn't been keeping track of time, and ... was the left
tank really up to the tabs? Always be on guard for dumbass mistakes YOU
might make rather than thinking "I'll never {run out of fuel|VMC into
IMC|forget to put the dipstick back in|forget to do a W&B and find the
plane with an aft CofG only after takeoff}"

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net