Old September 27th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

Default SSA in Crisis: Can It Heal Itself? [LONG]

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill Daniels wrote:

"It would be nice if there were a forum less public than this one where
internal matters of the SSA could be discussed by the membership. That
there isn't such a forum is perhaps a small part of the problem."

I remember there used to be such a forum on the SSA web site.
Apparently it was lost when the site was "upgraded" a year or two ago.

As far as I can tell, it is still there, (news.ssa.org) but it has fallen
into disuse. That may not be the best place for such a frank discussion; things
could get ugly and the existence of the discussion itself could unnecessarily
become a political issue. I have seen it happen!

While I understand the feelings of others, this is a vital subject! RAS is
the only place I know of where the proper "critical mass" of SSA members can be
found on a daily basis to have a meaningful discussion.

Vaughn