Old September 27th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default SSA in Crisis: Can It Heal Itself? [LONG]

wrote:
Bill Daniels wrote:

"It would be nice if there were a forum less public than this one where
internal matters of the SSA could be discussed by the membership. That
there isn't such a forum is perhaps a small part of the problem."

I remember there used to be such a forum on the SSA web site.
Apparently it was lost

I don't think it was lost, but discarded because it was so little used.
This was particularly noticable during the Sanderson episode, when
everyone used ras instead of the SSA newsgroups.

when the site was "upgraded" a year or two ago.

"Upgraded" in quotes? You don't think the site is much better in the
last two years? I think it's got a lot more content that is easier to
find, and it looks great. Do you really wish we had the site from two
years ago?

--
Note: email address new as of 9/4/2006

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org