Old October 14th 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Cadillac commercial accident?

William Lynn Weller in his DG 1000

RIP

My condolences to his family and all that knew him.

I am very anxious to find out who was in charge of this auto tow
operation and how much experience they had. I sure hope the Cadillac
add people weren't running the show there. Cle Elum is only a 2500ft
strip. What kind of release, if any, were they using on the Caddy.
What kind of rope were they using and what were they using on the
glider end. This add agency contacted me to do the add and I told them
that ground launching was very serious and that they needed to be sure
they used people that knew what they were doing and had a lot of auto
towing experience. I sure hope they did.

Boggs