Old June 7th 17, 12:30 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
Walt,
Convince me,
Please list at least the dates and locations of fatal tow accidents since, say, 1950 which were caused by failure of a tow release on the tug initiated by a "kiting' glider. Of course, Schweizer releases mounted non inverted.
Thank you.
Scott,

I am currently doing as complete an analysis of the situation as I can to support my position and this will take some time but I'm curious. How many fatal accidents attributable to a Schweizer hook failure to release in a kiting situation would it take to have you on my side? One? Two? Five? Come back with a specific number and I will share with you what I have.

I CAN tell you the date, place and the name of the pilot who last found himself 1 second from being on that list. It was 4-20-17 at SLGP and the pilots name was Walt Connelly. Had the rope not broken....

Walt