Old October 25th 04, 10:16 PM
John Dallman

In article ,
(Elmshoot) wrote:

It seems there is credible evidence for around 130 air-to-air F-14
kills, with some 40 of those been AIM-54 kills. Actual recorded
claims are higher than that, but let's stay cautious.

I would not even buy 1/3 that total! I don't think the Iraquies had
that many planes to shoot down.

As of the Iran-Iraq war, 1980-88, the Iraqis certainly did have enough for
that. They had 100+ fighters and fighter-bombers left flyable at the start
of the 1991 War, which they sent over to Iran "to keep safe for them".
This hadn't been pre-arranged, or anything sensible like that. The
Iranians said "Oh, thanks" and kept them, giggling like anything.

---
John Dallman,
, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.