Old August 12th 05, 10:32 AM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

I also sent a private email, 17 minutes after JJ's original posting and
before any replies appeared on RAS. I said:

"JJ,

"For goodness sake stop it.

"You know as well as I do that the AAIB and the BGA acting together (which
they do) investigate and report accidents very thoroughly.

"PLEASE wait until we have the report.

"Regards,

"Bill."

This is his reply, 50 minutes after the original posting:

"Not much to investigate here, Bill. The pilot flew his ship into a
spectator. In the US he would be in violation of FAR's, ie, flew within 500
feet of a person, place or thing.

"I realize its in poor taste to drive a point home while the guy is still
warm, but its also in very poor taste to keep killing innocent people by
using a proven unsafe finish system.

"JJ"

When JJ says "Not much to investigate here," this surely tells us all we
need to know about JJ.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"Jeremy Hood"
wrote in message ...

What got me so angry was you stupid, insensitive posting,
not the underlying issue that you feel is present in
gliding. Have a clue man: a tragic accident occurs
which affects many in the gliding world, and you wait
all of 12 hours to start sounding off with you own
personal agenda.

I don't feel I was hurling insults, but placing them
where they are most definitely needed. By the way,
for the record, here is my private email to you, which
I stand by, so all can judge the 'torrent of abuse'
I gave you:

'John,

How dare you use the very tragic news of the Junior
worlds accident to further illustrate your own personal
views on finish lines. I find your posting completely
insensitive, very poorly timed, and judged. You don't
know what actually happened, as you were not there-
so why bother with the posting at all? I am actually
disgusted with you- next time think about what you're
saying.

Jez Hood'

Now I'm just disappointed with you.