Old April 5th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

Default Jeppeson

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Blanche writes:

Not really. Creating the distribution media is pushing the button. But
acquiring the data from the appropriate CAA (civil aeronautical
agency), verifying & validating it, then ensuring it's in a format
suitable for distribution for the corresponding hardware/software...

That's what you're really paying for.

Over, and over, and over, even though it's a one-time conversion, highly
automated, that costs very little. There are no white-haired scribes
transferring data from one sheet of parchment to another, even though the
final product is priced as though there were.

Ahhh.....just one more of the many concepts well beyond your apparently
crippled ability to read, comprend and understand. Special thanks for TODAYS
reminder.

Let's simplify for the benefit of the poster. Forget all the details about
updates, liability and approvals. In the American system of free enterprise,
there are enough innovative and hard working people, that if any one could
offer the same service and cut the price by setteling 90% profits, you could
find a phone book full of vendors offering the same service. Gee... I wonder
why you can't?

But then again, if it's that easy, and we all know you are so damned smart -
spend a little less time guiding tourists and flying your sim, and start
your on service. Surely with even 85% profits, you could live, eat and still
get your PPL in France. We'll be watching for it.