Old July 17th 14, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anyone has experience installing KRT2 radio in single seatersailplane ?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my new KRT2 radion to function. I bought an adapter with it to simply plug in my old ATR720 wiring. All seemed well, except there was no sound coming off the speakers on receive (or when opening up squelch). We then tried using the original wiring loom, rewiring everything. Same result.
Then we grounded pin12 (as per manual - manual intercom not needed), and finally there is some sound coming off the speakers, but it is distorted so much, it is impossible to hear what was being transmitted. Also, when volume is set to lowest setting and nothing is being received, there is a high pitch sound coming from the speakers. When volume is turned up, high pitch turns into random noise with much less pitch.

Settings are as per user manual for sailplane:
VOX: Set to VOX 10 (turn off).
TXm: Set to TXm**.
EXT: Set to EXT 00 (turn off).
MIC: Set to MIC-L to Level 11.

Any suggestions to get the radio working would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tadej