Old July 18th 14, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Anyone has experience installing KRT2 radio in single seatersailplane ?

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 08:36:33 -0700, cruisah wrote:

thank you for exhaustive answer. Luckily, KRT2's are now being produced
and serviced by local company - LX Navigation - and I talked to their
technician today. He said that pins 1 and 9 must be separated, because
now with the newer version the GND is soldered to the housing of the D15
connector. I bought my KRT2 3 months ago, and also there is no PCB
inside the D15 connector on the wiring.

I bought mine in mid-December 2013.

My manual specifies that Battery minus must be soldered to pin 1 and the
D-15 housing and nothing else. The mic cable shield is connected to pins
6, 9 and 12 for a single seat glider. However, in my radio that appears
to leave 6,9,12 and the mic shield floating. Presumably that is why the
PCB in the plug links pins 1 and 9. From what you say the internal wiring
has been revised since mine was made.

Anyway, tehnician said he is almost positive that its the faulty chip on
audio exit and that it can be repaired. I checked with Walter Ditter to
see if this would in any way void the warranty and was given a green
light to have it checked/repaired by LX Navigation. So on Monday I'm
taking it there to have it checked out/fixed.

Good. I trust that will fix it for you.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK