Old September 25th 20, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hypo Thebai

Default LS4 Ballast Dump Valve Seats

Hi;

We need to replace the dump valve seat in an LS4. This is the seat that forms the seal. The originals seem to have been made by Georg Fischer (+GF+) for a valve they no longer make. I believe that the +GF+ part number was 161 483 260. From my present understanding +GF+ cannot supply this item.

I'm hoping that somebody here will know of an alternative source.

These valves are used in a number of DG and LS gliders. Almost certainly any glider that is filled by pushing water up through the dump outlet uses this valve - e.g. DG 300, DG 505 some LS gliders. They are typically attached to ballast bags.