Old January 24th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR flight to KNEW - VFR flight to M16- Video

Two videos...

First video to New Orleans Lake Front airport KNEW with ATC
Communications

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21HDO2mKO0

Video includes me picking up an IFR clearance in the air, making ATC
aware of my presence, pretty healthy Xwind on landing and progressive
taxi instructions. Awesome ATC folks at KNEW, patience of Job with a
bumbling pilot like myself. I find ground ops more intimidating then
the flight itself! Return trip will be uploaded in a separate video.
An awesome approach over Lake Pontchartran. Just don't "come up
short!"

Second video flight on January 21'st to a nearby airport Raymond MS
M16 with ATC communications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZG4rP2_peY

Video includes one of my more not so graceful takeoffs. I will blame
the weather, surely couldn't have been the pilot LOL Not often I get
to "light up the field" so video includes Pilot Control Lights (PCL)
activation (small things entertain me!), night takeoff into a "black
hole" and landing back at KMBO.