Old May 26th 04, 03:56 AM
Brian Burger

On Tue, 25 May 2004, David Megginson wrote:

Brian Burger wrote:

You need to read back landing clearances with holdshort instructions in
Canada; I ordinarily do, but a few months ago I just replied with my
callsign and Tower replied, "I need to hear your readback for the
tapes...".

Right -- that was the one I forgot.

Has any else noticed that LAHSO seems to be less common recently, in both
Canada and the U.S.?

LASHO here - CYYJ, Victoria BC Canada - has always been fairly common, and
doesn't seem to be getting less so. We've got three runways, all
intersecting, so LASHO is a huge efficiency gain.

According to one of our local Nav Canada Tower guys, CYYJ has the 4th or
5th most complex ground layout of all Canadian airports...

There's a rough diagram here, if anyone's interested:
http://www.flyvfc.com/about-vfc/airport.htm
I'm not sure where/if there's an official airport diagram on the web.
Transport Canada has been much slower than the FAA in making
publications/data available over the web...

Brian.