Old May 26th 04, 08:28 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , Carl Orton wrote:
Other differences were that when we returned, I looked for the control lock.
The instructor said they didn't use them. I then said, OK; should I just tie
it down? He said, no, there was no need. I asked about wind gusts, and he
said, "This is England!" Must not be much wind....

The lack of tiedowns got me too. We tie ours down here (and put control
locks in), but especially in the winter (when we usually get at least
one storm with hurricane force winds) this can be a windy isle...

But in the summer, we never get those huge thunderstorms that are common
in Texas.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net