Old March 30th 19, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default travel time to gliding site / club?

On Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 6:25:08 AM UTC-6, Nigel Rotherham wrote:
Hi everyone :-) GR8 to have service 'back'!
Question for any / all interested: What is your travel time / distance
(round trip?) from home to gliding / soaring club - site? Not that will
make any difference to actual journey I need to take but knowing what
fellow enthusiast 'endure' to enjoy our fantastic sport / hobby will
probably make me feel 'much better' (s a factor in choosing which club
to join here in South Africa)! From my home (Benoni) must allow 4 hrs
(approx 350 Km) average for any of the 'local' clubs...
Thanks in advance. FLY SAFE! very best regards Nigel R

Very few "local" options for me. The closest is 217 miles one way (349.2km), and the other is 231 miles (371.7km) in the opposite direction. However, I'm working on starting something truly local, within 3 miles of my home. Hopefully this summer!