Old May 22nd 20, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luc Job[_2_]

Default AOA indicator poll.

I have uploaded a new video on https://bit.ly/aoaindicator.

It shows the display nearly without camera flickering... Video was taken in full light but I had to darken the exposure to avoid (mostly) a blueish effect due to saturation of the sensor with the green led.

This is nearer to the production version.

For me it is essential to have a relatively large color spot to notice it with the peripheral vision. That's why I will use leds with a wide beam, illuminating a reflector.

I've used a special plexiglas that catches the light internally, spreading it even more... But you still notice the up-down motion effect of the light.

It is possible with this material to build a kind of HUD, with the leds facing up through a prismatic plexiglas part.

New PCB almost designed...