Old January 2nd 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default removing old, dried, masking tape

Goo-B-Gone

Dab it on the masking tape and let it set a while to soak in. Then use
a flexable plastic scrapper to remove the majority. You can then use a
rag with some of the Goo-B-Gone to remove and clean the area. I have
even used the stuff on the Plexi-Glass windshield without any problems.
It seems to be safe to use on all types of paint as well.

Good Luck.

Bob

Michael Horowitz wrote:
Someone used masking tape many years ago to cover some screwheads on
my leading edge. Pulling it off only gives me strips of masking tape.

Any suggestions on how to remove this stuff? - Mike