Old July 9th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NW_Pilot

Default Software to write to PCMCIA datacards?

Here is a Code for the winhex 14.2 Current Version

Target:
http://www.x-ways.net/winhex.zip

Paste All 6 Lines Below

Name: "Jeppesen Data Clone"
Addr1: "Free For All"
Addr2: "Planet Earth, Milkey Way"
Key1: C9D87F5A45256C3257E22C50548FE8E6
Key2: F7056AAF6D4E6F7564335EAD978ED639
Chksm: D9

"No Spam" wrote in message
On 7/7/07 10:13, "Charles" wrote:

I'd like to update the database for my Apollo GX55 GPS. $120 for the
raw data is bad enough, but Jeppesen also wants $150 for a writer. The
datacard is a PCMCIA card, so wouldn't it be possible to work with it
with a plain old laptop or a $10 reader from Best Buy? I'm wondering
if someone has found a way to do this.

Charles,

When you asked about this on the Husky list, I didn't know you were trying
to duplicate the datacard.

Don't know if it helps, but I used a program called Winhex to duplicate
the
compact flash card for a GNS 480. You might check and see if it fits the
bill.

http://www.x-ways.net/winhex/

- Don
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between
a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist
in love with flight. - E. B. Jeppesen