Old July 17th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn

Default The Un-Sung Hero of Parawan

At 15:48 16 July 2007, Soarski wrote:
On Jul 10, 8:21 pm, wrote:
OK, so un-sung hero may be a bit strong, but I thought
Tom Kelly did
an excellent job of getting the Region nine contest
off the ground.
Although I might have missed the cudos he was given
during the awards
dinner, I don't recall anyone singling him out.
The low stress, (as low stress as a contest can be),
was because of
the attitude Tom brought to the proceedings. Without
exception, Tom
could be found keeping tabs on what went on and lending
both a smile
and a hand to anyone who was in need. The word mellow
comes to mind
when I think of how the contest was run, and Tom was
responsible for
it.
Tom Pressley and John Good did a steller job of scoring
and sniffing,
and certainly deserve a great deal of credit. Regardless
of the
circumstances, (I'm thinking of my numerious screw-ups),
Tom always
had a smile and a good word.
So, thanks again Tom..........good on ya!

Billy Hill, (Zulu)

Did anybody fly with 'Sinha Deturbulators' in that
contest?
Glad to hear it was a good contest.

Thanks

600 PL

Tom was effervescent.

Contest stress was evanescent.

Competitors were ebullient.

It was very well run - ground and tow ops, weather,
tasking, scoring, retrieve office, FBO support, food.
They even got these cool looking trophies made for
the winners - I got to hold one for a minute.

Plus I got to learn a whole bunch of new polysyllabic
words starting with 'e'.

9B