Old November 5th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Alex G.[_3_]

Default Precision Airmotive LLC

I don't think I would put a carb on without verifying things like bowl
screws were tight. I usually dissasemble and clean things like this before
use, and that's for a lawnmower or outboard. What was the mechanic doing? I
have witnessed Continental exhaust valves sticking, usually they were badly
carboned up- operator error? Who knows? I doubt the lawyers allowed anyone
with any mechanical experience on the jury, in fact I'd bet on it.

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
Alex G. wrote:
I blamed the lawyers before I even knew about this. Lawyers screw up
everything they touch, it's not about liability or fairness or common
sense, it about money. they should all hang, every single one of 'em. If
you're a lawyer and you're offended, that's fine with me, be
offended---Then get a real job you leech!

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
Here's why carbs are being discontinued...

http://arthuralanwolk.com/_wsn/page2.html

Our old friend Alan Wolk that almost wiped out AvWeb. Look at the other
suites he posts. He's doing more to reduce flying accidents than the
FAA. Of course, No Flying means No flying accidents.

You may be right, Alex, but after reading the article Cy referenced I have
to ask myself if Precision really does deliver carbs with loose screws.
If that truly is the case, then they deserve to be submarined. The article
indicates that there is a history of problems that Precision and Teledyne
couldn't be bothered to deal with. This sounds like the actions of a
company with monopoly power, ie, "We don't need to fix it. Who else are
they going to buy from?" Our liability laws are screwy beyond belief, but
knowingly putting someone else's life at risk deserves severe punishment.