Old September 22nd 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim wynhoff

Default HP series landing gear info needed

On Sep 22, 1:31*pm, "Wayne Paul " wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 22, 2:54*pm, Brad wrote:
On Sep 22, 11:41*am, T8

Who needs a shock strut when you land at 30 mph?

For those involved in this discussion they should be reminded that the landing gear in question is being installed in an HP-24 which has spoilers, NOT large span landing flaps.

Wayne

--
Android Usenet Readerhttp://android.newsgroupstats.hk

Still, the struts on the few HP's I've helped work on are fine after
decades of use. Brad will be landing at a higher ground speed than an
'18, but I don't see how that dictates rougher landings. My glider
has a smaller mainwheel and ZERO suspension. Once or twice (maybe
more!) I've thought some suspension would be nice!
Cheers,
Jim