Old March 13th 04, 01:55 PM
Jay Honeck

I thought they offered you a discount towards the Airmap 500 at
Oshkosh last year but you were not impressed by its screen size?

The guy at the Lowrance booth in OSH said he "thought they might be offering
a discount to Airmap 300 customers" but he wasn't sure. He offered to
"check it out" and I could "stop back at the booth tomorrow" -- or something
like that.

Between his luke-warm attitude (And who could blame him? He was at a trade
show, and didn't want some disgruntled former customer messing with his
crowd?), and the dinky size of the 500, I moved on.

And, boy, am I glad I did. Lowrance's misfortune turned out to be a
terrific break for us, and we've been enthusiastically happy with our AvMap
ever since.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA