Old October 11th 03, 02:01 PM
Ray Lovinggood

I notified the SSA some months ago about the problem.
I sent an e-mail, but I don't remember to which person,
telling them of the bad file.

I could download the original exemption letter, but
not the extension letter.

Later, I sent another e-mail to Member Services, I
think, (or did I telephone them? I suffer from CRS...)
requesting the letter by fax, e-mail, or snail mail
and they mailed me the original letter and the extension
letter.

So, someone in the SSA should have known about the
file problem for some time.

I don't mind if they know there is a problem and they
have plans to fix it. What I do mind is they don't
have a statement on the web stating they know there
is a problem and will expect to have it fixed by a
certain date. Even if the date is a year from now,
at least they would be acknowledging the problem.
Since they can fax or mail the letters, it shouldn't
be a big problem for us, the members. We just don't
have the convienence of using the web for receiving
it right now.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 12:18 11 October 2003, Chip Fitzpatrick wrote:
I'll follow up with the SSA office to get the file
issue corrected.
This is the first I've known of the issue. Please
let me know of any
other problems.

Chip Fitzpatrick
Region 2 Director