Old November 13th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Will the new government have any effect on GA?

Guns and the right to keep and bear arms are matters of
individual freedom. Aviation is about freedom. NASCAR is
about freedom. Golf is about freedom.
A Congressperson who supports, really supports, civil rights
understands that the right to keep and bear arms is an
individual right to self-defense, self-determination and a
guarantee of political power.

It is a test, like a "little moron" joke is a test of
American citizenship. Americans understand the humor.

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
oups.com...

| Jim Macklin wrote:
| Only winning the war on terror will return aviation to
| pre-9/11 status. Furthermore, the Democrats rarely
return
| power since seeking more power is their goal in life.
| I look at a candidates position on the Second Amendment
| first and aviation secondly. Support for private arms
is a
| great way to determine how that person will approach all
| issues. IMHO.
|
| I think we are screwed for at least 2 years.
|

| I never understood the connection between aviation and
guns. A good way
| to assess this is to find out how many AOPA members are
also NRA
| members, or vice versa. I would guess that there is very
little overlap.