Old December 17th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Final Glide - Udo Rumpf

On Dec 17, 7:08*am, jsbrake wrote:
Posted this morning on the Soaring Association of Canada forum:
----------------
It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that Udo Rumpf passed
away last night. He had been battling cancer for the last few years
and fought hard to beat it. Unfortunately, various treatments were not
successful. I will let you know about funeral arrangements in the next
day or so.

Ulli Werneburg

---------------

A wonderful gentleman has left us.

He was a good guy. What a sadness.

I never met him, just emails and talked to Udo on the phone. Udo
bought a MKIII and Quiet Vent a couple of years ago, then called to
discuss them and tell of an adjustable air deflector he came up with
so the additional incoming air didn't directly hit his shoulder. He
followed up, sending a diagram of his invention and freely giving the
idea to me. I asked why he would do that when he told me of his fight.
I didn't even know him and this makes me feel like crying.

bumper