Old December 17th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default N482BG / C-GHMY Jantar Standard 2 history request

On Dec 16, 6:22*pm, wrote:
$7,100 plus buyer fee of 15% totals to $8165 as is. Trailer tires had
to be replaced and the trailer wiring and lights also (Schreder type
aluminum trailer in good shape). Need seat belts and tail pin. The pin
is obtainable but have not been quoted a price yet. It has a Filser
DX50AI GPS NAV/vario with data logger unit, Rico vario, Dittel ATR 720
Comm radio, altimeter, PZL vario, PZL compass, and A/S. No microphone.
No parachute. Condition of the glider appears very good. Lynn- Hide quoted text -

I am not impressed with the fact you apparently did not perform any
significant direct due diligence such as AD and TN search, contact the
mfg for evidence of spares and support, factory certification info
(TCDS), Title seach with 337 's, cerification and registration
history, ect. *AOPA has done the Title search containing 80% of the
above info for $100 US for me within 24 hrs. The other 20% could have
been done in an hour of googling.

There is lots of older glass out there, prices are not much more than
10k if you look around. *I hope you have at least flown this type and
know what you are getting into. *If so, and it is a flyable ship, it
won't matter in a few years if you paid too much or too little.

Good luck;

aerodyne

Aerodyne,

Are you Linnie the Lurker come back to haunt us? Bah Humbug, etc.

Lynn bought a ship through an auction, when was he suppose to get all
this information. The Auction house was extremely not helpful prior
to the sell.

Please point me int he direction of these $10K glass ships, I would
like to buy a few of them for our club.