Old September 30th 05, 06:52 PM
Andrew Sarangan

This reminds me of a movie I watched some time ago. Can't remember
which one, could have been 'Right Stuff'. The aircraft was designed to
fly without pilots, but for some reason they elected to have pilots in
the aircraft. But there were no windows for the pilots. So, the pilots
vehemently objected to it, and wanted to hand fly the aircraft. Then I
think there was some discussion of putting a monkey in the aircraft
instead of pilots. Any way, in the end the pilots won, and they had to
redesign everything with windows and controls. It went to show how
egoistical pilots can be. It is not a question of safety or efficiency.
It was mostly about ego. I believe that is still true today.