Old November 7th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
KevinBlack

Default Aircraft Ownership Spreadsheet

Thanks to all who have responded, I'll use the info to come up with
something that tells me how much this adventure islikely to cost. Whilst I
understand the real joy of owning an aircraft is being able to jump in and
fly whenever you want, it really is a financial issue here with only one
flight school/hiring agency other than the club (with a single C172N) within
a 90 minute drive.

Thanks,
Kevin

"KevinBlack" wrote in message
Hi,

Dreaming about owning a acft. Looking at 70s something Warrior II with 3
to 4 others. I've had a quick look on the web, but couldn't find anything
that suits. Does anyone have a comprehensive spreadsheet for calculating
ownership costs, you know where you put in fuel, hangarage, engine
reserve, maint reserve, upgrade reserve, insurance etc etc so I can get a
feel for the rtue operating costs.

Here in OZ (YSCB - the nation's capital) the cheapest (and only aircraft
hired by other than Brindabella Airlines - expensive and opressive
currency requirements, but they are the only game in town) is a C172N
hired by Canberra Aeroclub at $167/hr wet. All the other flight
schools/hiring establishments have closed down, so much for the future of
GA. This acft is being sold so that the club can leaseback one or two LSA
type aircraft at a cheaper rate (we'll see). The next available aircraft
is at YGLB which is a round trip of almost 3 hours ($160 for a Warrior
II). It makes an hour of circuits into an almost 5 hour excursion

It is now looking like owning your own aircraft might actually be a better
option than hiring. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin