Old March 2nd 21, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Seeking tech info on LX7007

On 2/3/21 8:34 AM, kinsell wrote:
On 2/3/21 8:04 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:

Can anybody send me a copy of the "LXe" PC software that originally
came with the LX? Are versions of this software and versions of the
hardware forwards and backwards compatible?Â* Is it worth having?

The airports and airspace databases need updates over time to stay
accurate.Â* Have there been updates?Â* How can I get something newer
than what's stored in it now?Â* If I can't, can I override the old info
for specific airports with info I manually put into my turnpoints file?

Thanks for any info.

I was just searching for LXe to try to support an old Colibri logger,
and found it on the LXNavigation website.Â* Version 3.5.1.1

Airports and Airpace database was not there, but found a 2014 version on
an old computer.Â* I can email that to you.

LXe and the database actually installed OK on w Win10 computer, but
complained about not finding any COMM ports.Â* Those can be added
manually on Win10.Â* haven't tried accessing the logger yet, but it may
actually still be usable on Win10.

Dave

To follow up, LXe actually still runs on a Win10 computer, had to
install their special USB driver, then manually create a COMM port from
inside Device Manager.

Database files they provide are all German, African, or European, so
you'll need to provide your own data.