Old December 27th 05, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ok, so what did people get for Christmas?

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

subject says it all

--
Bob Noel
New NHL? what a joke

Among other things, I was gifted with a nice pair of sunglasses spec'd out
for aviation use, several aviation books, a few pair of pants (sorely
needed), and a real disaster of a workbench that Home Depot pushed off on a
family member as an inducement to open a credit account.

The folks at the Depot should be ashamed. Apparently they were giving these
benches away as an inducement because they had suffered "minor" water damage
at some point. To me, "minor" water damage on a wooden workbench is that the
wood is discolored. Discolored, cracked, and warped isn't minor. If the top
isn't flat, a workbench simply isn't fit for use. Even worse, the *$!!@!
thing weighs at least a hundred pounds, and won't fit in the back of the 'ol
Honda, so getting it back to the store should have me in a *really* good
mood by the time I get it to the return counter.

Apologies, but I had to get it off my chest...

KB