Old August 5th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default Flying women movies???

"Lou" wrote in message
Does anyone have a recommendation of movies that spotlight women who
fly? Remember, this is a pre-teen, so it has to be family oriented.

The heroes are not women, and I don't know if you would consider it "family
oriented" but it was "Top Gun" that seemed to do it for my daughter. She had
her Private certificate before she bothered getting a driver's license. We were
lucky in stumbling upon Mary Gaffney, who was one of my daughter's first flight
instructors and a wonderful role model. It isn't often that you can go to the
NASM and find your flight instructor's picture on the wall!

You can, (and should) expose your children to all sorts of things that YOU
are interested in, but you can't MAKE them be interested in anything. They have
to do that for themselves.

Vaughn