Old April 21st 17, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default ventus rigging visual clues

On Thursday, 20 April 2017 17:36:59 UTC-6, wrote:
I'd appreciate hearing advice on the best visual clues for getting the wings on a Ventus 2c aligned when rigging.

Mine is a Ventus C. Try rigging it with the RIGHT wing going in first since that spar is behind the left spar. Then, when you insert the left wing, you can look in the fuselage and SEE the alignment of the left wing spigot with the hole in the right wing where it needs to end up. Its totally easy to see if you need to go fore or aft or up or down. It also helps to tape the top of the right wing before inserting the left to reduce the tendency to push the right wing out a bit when inserting the left.

Bob
BV

I have a V2 CX. Agree with Bob, I insert right wing first. Also regarding the airbrakes, yes make sure they are unlocked, in fact SH now drills a hole in airbrake rod and a pin, actually a second threaded pin for the attaching the tip is inserted in this hole to keep them unlock during (dis)assembly. On mine I know the wing is aligned correctly when the airbrake (spoiler) is pushed up about an 1/8 of an inch.