Old February 27th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt

Default VWs

On Jan 29, 8:32 pm, wrote:
Seems like you shot the first volley across the bow.

Like saying this: "When I want to know what *you* think is a legitimate
pursuit in the experimental aircraft arena I'll ask."
--
Jim in NC

I thought this was the first "shot"

"You would have to replace the jug and head to match the aero design.
And
then why? So that you could mate you're new heads to a cylinder block
that has been known to crack just sitting on a shelf waiting to be
installed?"

I didn't think that was offered in the spirit of answering an honest
question, but to be aggressive and insulting.

My advice is that if you suspect someone is
being a prick, be polite in turn. You may find
out that he was just a bit gruff. OTOH if
he _is_ a prick he will probably seize the
opportunity to advertise that fact.

Also remember, winning a ****ing contest just
proves that you are a bigger prick than the
competition.

--

FF