Old June 5th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Need trip adivce. KEWK to KBGR

Hi Roy,

1b1 is perfect for our 2nd stop! Timing works out super!

Now we need a place to stop in upstate Indiana....

Suggestions?

-dr

Roy Smith wrote:
In article .com,
"Dico" wrote:

Hello all,

I'm planning a trip from Newton, KS to Bangor, ME. We'll be flying a
Twin Comanche. Time frame would be in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm looking for advice on airports to stop at, fuel up and get a bite
to eat. Ideally we'd stay away from the big centres and inexpensive
fuel would be a bonus.

If anyone lives in between this route and can boast about their
airport, I'd love to hear about it. I don't have any idea where to
stop so I thought I'd turn to here and ask for advice. I know i can
check airnav.com for fuel prices... but I like the semi-personal touch
of forums.

Thanks,

-dr

1B1 (Columbia County, NY) usually has good fuel prices, GPS approaches to
both ends of a big runway, and has an excellent restaurant within easy
walking distance. I haven't plotted it on a chart, but it seems like
should be sort of on the way from KS to ME.