Old March 23rd 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Beech Staggerwing

Roger wrote in
:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:06:49 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

William Hung wrote in news:bba1909c-a841-48a4-

9a8e-
:

On Mar 22, 11:31*am, William Hung wrote:
Beech Staggerwing. *Hard to tell from the pictures, do they have

doors
on bothsides of the cabin?

Wil

Oh Yeah, one more question. Anyone selling kit copies/replicas?

There's a guy selling plans for the A/R airplanes (fixed gear) but
nobody's building one AFAIK. It looks like a pipedream, really. It;'s
the kind of deal that makes getting an airplane built for you a really
bad idea, I think.
The staggerwing is a really complicated airplane. The fuselage is a
seriously complex structure, for instance, as are the wings. and it
would probably cost you a lot more to build one than buy one from
scratch.

There's one locally, scratch built, developed his own plans by taking
measurements and photos. Took over 30 years to build. I have some
photos of it some where. IF I can find them I'll put a couple up on
my web site. I had it on our chapter news letter some years back.

Beautiful bright yellow airplane.

It's not the scald own one that was on barnstormers a while back is it?
Nice looking airplane. He was selling it sans engine last time I saw it.

Bertie