Old January 24th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

Default Compass Correction Card

I wonder if the LS8 having a MEL isn't a result of translation. I'd
bet that the Germans are using MEL in the normal sense (ie, you must
have these things in order to fly, but can add more if you want)
instead of the FAA sense (ie, you can fly without these things if some
don't work - just label them inoperative).

The MEL for my ship doesn't quite agree between the flight manual and
the TCDS. However the magnetic compass is listed in both.

My LS1f flight manual MEL:

airspeed indicator
altimeter
magnetic compass
seat belt and shoulder harness
cushion or parachute
checklist
load and performance placard
flight manual

additionally for cloud flying:
turn and bank indicator -or- artificial horizon
variometer

MEL from the TCDS (G35EU):

1. non-cloud flying
airspeed indicator