Old September 24th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
pbc76049

Default Fiberglass seperation

It sounds like you didn't prime the foam with resin before aplying the
fabric
in the layup process. A common failure in Boats when corners are cut on the
layup
process.

Lou wrote:
Ok, I've made a few pieces to try out using 1/4" foam and fiberglass on
both sides. When I cut the pieces to shape with my band saw, small
strips (1/4" or so) seem to want to seperate. Is this common or did I
mix the epoxy wrong? The big parts are staying together, the fiberglass
itself is staying to gether but the small parts are seperating from the
foam.

Lou